Asphalt patching repairs unsightly and dangerous pot-holes on your parking lot and driveway. Pot-holes are dangerous because people can trip in them, and they also cause damage to vehicles. There are two processes RS Asphalt Maintenance uses to repair pot-holes: "cold patch" and “hot patch”.
- “cold patch” asphalt patching is sufficient for smaller potholes
- cold patch is stored in bags and is more convenient for small jobs that only require a small bit of asphalt
- area is prepped by cleaning with wire bristle broom and hand held blower
- tack coat is applied to the perimeter of the pot hole to assure proper adhesion to existing asphalt
- asphalt is added, raked evenly, and tamped thoroughly with a mechanical tamper
- finally, the edges are taped with heat tape and melted in with propane torches to help keep the edges down and water from getting under the patch
- black sand can also be dusted over the finished patch to immediately allow traffic access without tracking or sticking to asphalt
- “hot patch” asphalt patching is for larger areas that require large amounts of asphalt
- hot asphalt is transported in RS Asphalt Maintenance’s dump truck from the asphalt plant to the job site
- the process is the same as cold patching, except on a much larger scale
RS Asphalt Maintenance offers a wide variety of services to fit your needs. These services are for commercial and residential and are not limited. If you have a question about any of our services, feel free to contact us. Click on the services links below for more information on each.
- oil based asphalt sealing
- asphalt emulsion sealcoating
- line painting
- crack repair
- pot-hole repair
- Infrared patching
RS ASPHALT MAINTENANCE
RS Asphalt Maintenance was featured in the February 2016 issue of Paving Pro Magazine and the June 2010 issue of Pavement Magazine. Click the buttons below to read each article.
REQUEST A FREE QUOTE
Please check all that apply.